I personally enjoy sweet potatoes cooked any particular way! A delicious Japanese snack during winters, steamed whole and eating with the skin. Or peeled and boiled with green bananas, casava and dumplings. However, their is one way I could never get enough of and that was during my Mothers Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. Sweet Potatoes glazed with brown sugar. Delicious! I know. Calorie count…SUPER HIGH! However, a delightful treat that is food friendly to most picky eaters.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Green onions to garnish
- Using fresh sweet potatoes, peel and place in a large baking dish.
- Add butter, brown sugar and cinnamon and cover with a lid or tinfoil.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place sweet potatoes in oven.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated cooked through. Yield: 8 servings.